Did you know that there are over 20 fashion schools in Lagos? These fashion schools were founded by people that had deep passion for fashion.
Some of these business owners were victims of unskilled tailors like popular Adaku of Jenifer’s diary…that episode where the tailor sewed an ugly version of the dress Adaku told her to…ROTFL.
Yea, you can relate, bah? The more annoying thing is the way some tailors say they dig what you are saying when you are explaining, (like say na them write a syllabus for fashion schools in Lagos and the world) only to sew one ugly nonsense confirming they never saw the gate of any numerous fashion school.
List of Best Fashion Schools In Lagos Today 2019
Do not worry; fashion world is big enough to accommodate every single one of us. Yes, fashion style designs of any imagination can be brought to life.
Running a fashion school is a profitable business to embark on but in as much as it is a big world, I am very sure you do not want to be butt out early and this might be caused by you not doing the right thing.
What’s the right thing? First is to attend a fashion school and how can you attend a fashion school when you do not know about any?
My article will help you on that as I will be talking on fashion schools in Lagos.
Fashion Schools In Lagos And Their Prices
So, here is my top list of fashion training school in Lagos which will be updated from time to time:
To help you get the information you need easy and fast, I’ve categorized the lists of sewing schools in Lagos based on location, those with accommodation and of course, the cheapest.
1. Fashion and Art Academy
Fashion and art academy was founded in the year 2000 by Henrietta Agboola, an award-winning fashion designer.
This fashion school of style and design offers extensive practical training in fashion and design in a shorter time, making them the best fashion school in Lagos and Nigeria.
One way or another, Nigerian fashion designers on Instagram must have gone through one fashion training school or the other.
From home training services, online courses, to bestselling books published under the “Easy Learn” series that guides users step – by – step on fashion designing, Fashion Art gives you all.
- Address: Suite F10, Surulere super plaza, opposite Havana Hospital, Akerele, Surulere, Lagos.
- 10, Oluwole Omole Street, off Esomo close, Beside Stanbic IBTC bank, Toyin Street, Ikeja, Lagos.
- Phone number: 08023290830, 08036904382.
- E-mail: email@example.com.
- Website: www.fashionandartacademy.com.
2. Zaris Fashion And Style Academy
It has being in existence as one of the fashion schools in Lagos for over 6 years. It offers training on the fundamentals of fashion designing, fashion illustration, fashion production, pattern drafting, entrepreneurship and business skills, etc.
- Address: 14, Allen Avenue, 2nd floor Centage plaza, beside Lagos Ikeja Hotel, Lagos.
- Phone Number: 08035794001, 08024927850, 08090769424.
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Website: www.zarisfashion.com.ng.
Zaris Academy Fashion Courses Prices
The courses spans across Zaris Fashion Rudiments (ZFR), Zaris Certified Fashion Associate (ZCFA), Zaris Certified Fashion Designer (ZCFD), Zaris Certified Fashion Professional (ZCFP), Zaris Certified Creative Designer (ZCCD), and other short courses.
COURSE: Fashion Rudiments (ZFR) *** Course Fees: NGN 70,000
This course introduces hands-on tailoring and sewing skills. Techniques are taught on how to use manual and automatic sewing machines and general clothing construction skills.
The course places emphasis on the practical hands-on skills required to start you off to making clothes.
All participants are required to undertake a project to further deepen their understanding of the concepts and also enable them research their areas of interest
Course Duration & Plan:
- 3 Months
- Monday & Tuesday 9a.m. – 3p.m.
- All fees already include N5,000 registration fees & 5% VAT
You can visit their website for all prices information. Prices range between N70,000 to over N380,000
3. Ginani Fashion Training Lagos
It became one of the fashion schools in Lagos in the year 2001 and has trained over 1,500 people on bodice pattern designing, skirt pattern making, garment construction for the 21st century, etc.
Ginani fashion training They also offer online classes and sell Ginani fashion training books on these courses.
- Address: 11 Bank Olemoh close, Bank Olemoh, Akerele, Surulere, Lagos.
- Phone Number: 07088596249, 08033084223.
- Website: www.ginani.net
Ginani School of Fashion Fees
The courses spans across Technical Stage, Styling & Design Class, Production, Professional, Combo Stages, Professional Combo Classes, Sewing Classes, Pattern Making, etc.
Class: Technical Stage Course Fees: NGN 180,000
An intensely practical class that sets the stage for advanced garment production and design skills.
You will master the development of garment clothing for men, women or children. Course covers pattern making, cutting, sewing and fashion illustration.
Course Duration & Plan:
- Duration: 3 months (4 days a week)
- Time: Subject to timetable
- Registration: N,5000
- ID Card: N1,000
You can visit their website for all prices information. Prices range between N47,000 to over N420,000
4. Hadazzah Styles And Stitches
This is one of the fashion schools in Lagos that offer weekend, part-time, and full time training on hot dressmaking, fashion illustration, contemporary design, interpretation of style, etc.
Their courses duration runs for 3 months to 1 year. The trainees are paired with a sewing machine each.
- Address: 19, Lawanson road, adjacent Total filing station, Surulere, Lagos.
- Phone Number: 08024456217.
- Website: http://hadazzah.business.site/
Hadazzah Fashion Training School Prices
Their offering includes but not limited to:
- Pattern Drafting
- Fashion Illustration
- Clothing Construction
- Interpretation of Style
- Contemporary Design
- One Machine per Trainee
Pricing: 3 Months Training goes for N80,000 while 6 months training goes for N150,000. Please note that this fashion school is only for females; males fashion isn’t taught here.
Also Check: List of top 12 Best Residential Estates in Lagos
5. KG School Of Fashion
KG school of fashion cannot be exempted from the list of fashion schools in Lagos.
Students of KG fashion school are taught to be innovative and creative with pattern drafting, designing, and blending western fashion styles with African fashion style.
They do not just offer practical oriented classes on fashion photography, computer aided pattern drafting, etc; they offer automatic internship placement at completion of programme.
They also offer online classes and special classes for ages 10 – 18 years. Duration of programme varies from 80 hours – 6 months.
- Address: is in one of the local governments in Lagos; 2, Carter Street, off Muritala Muhammed way, Ebute – meta, Yaba, Lagos.
- Phone number: 08022117421.
- E-mail: email@example.com.
- Website: kgsignatures.com/kg-fashion-school
KG Fashion Class Fees
Design training offered include Complete Fashion Design Programme, Basic Classes, Advanced Class, Fashion Illustration, Computer Aided Pattern Drafting, Online Class
Class: Complete Fashion Design Programme Tuition Fees: NGN 240,000
This course is packaged to give all that’s needed to become a professional fashion designer. Students who enroll for this programme will learn pattern making, sewing technique fashion illustration.
Course Duration & Plan:
- Duration: Intensive 6 months
- Time: 9am- 2pm (Mondays – Fridays)
You can visit their website for all prices information. Prices ranges from N60,000 to N240,000
6. Mickeyoma Design Fashion Academy
Mickeyoma design fashion academy is a subsidiary of MickeyOma Design. It offers quality fashion training and development to aspiring designers of all kinds.
It uses the personal tutoring method of teaching its students on dart manipulation, contouring, wedding dresses, evening dresses, shoe and bag making, etc.
Although its head office is located in California, the founder, Mickey Oma Okorodudu, made Mickeyoma design fashion academy one of the fashion schools in Lagos by setting up a functional branch at Ikeja.
- Address: No. 22, Abeokuta Street, off Oba Akran Avenue, Ikeja, Lagos.
- Phone Number: 08032676562, 08170324047, +1 (323) 738-4077.
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: www.mickeyomadesign.com
Mickeyoma Design School Prices
Design training offered is subdivided into: Beginners Course, Intermediate Course, and Advance Course.
Class: Beginners Class Tuition Fees: NGN 100,000
This course is packaged to give an all-round ground knowledge as a basis to build on as you start your journey to becoming a professional fashion designer.
Course Duration & Plan:
- Duration: Intensive 3 months
The intermediate class is N250,000 and You can visit their website for more information.
7. Osc College Of Fashion
OSC College of Fashion, one of the best fashion schools in Lagos, was founded by Mrs. Sola Babatunde. It offers training on fashion designing on different programmes for varying durations.
The fashion school also teaches her students how to sketch gowns, English outfits, traditional attire styles, and even prepare for international exhibitions and fashion shows.
- Address: 11a Abajohnston Crescent, Harmony enclave by James Oluleye Street, off Adeniyi Jones, by Ecobank, Ikeja, Lagos.
- Phone Number: 08033029096, 012119832.
- Website: www.osccollegeoffashion.net
OSC Class Fees
This college of fashion design run courses from level 1 to 7, each level is for 2 months, you finish from one level then go on to the next level.
Here is a screenshot below of their fashion training fees:
Please check their website for more information.
8. The Creative Tailoring Class
Creative Tailoring Class is indeed the ultimate learning experience for professional training in fashion design.
Program features: 3,6,9 month programs, male/female clothing, 100% practice-based, weekday/weekend sessions, structured program delivery, utilizes complete pattern drafting techniques, 1 person to 1 machine, air conditioning, free wifi, 99.9% result rates…
For more details:
- Call/whatsapp – 0803-910-2829
- View gallery – www.instagram.com/fieldmann.ng
- Preview web – www.creativetailoringclass.com, or
Visit to inspect Creative tailoring school in Lagos – 18 Odunlami Street, Anthony Village, Lagos. (Landmarks: LASU Anthony campus, GTBank Anthony Village branch)
9. Rhoda Michaels Fashion Academy
When counting and listing fashion schools in Lagos, Rhoda Michaels fashion school is not excluded. They are known to train prospective fashion designers how to forecast style trends, create trends, manage a profitable fashion business, etc.
Their syllabus is infused with E-commerce, CCommerce, and Mcommerce. Programme duration varies from 12 weeks – 18 months.
- Address: 15, Charity road, 1st floor Jerobet Plaza, new Oko – oba, Abule – egba, Lagos. 9, Oremeta Street, off Opebi – Oregun link road, Oregun, Ikeja, Lagos.
- Phone number: 08141000080, 0814100040, 09093579907, 08029009669, 08059963848.
- E-mail: email@example.com.
- Website: www.rmfashionschool.com
Rhoda Micheal Fashion School Training Programmes and Schedule
This fashion school has flexible training programmes for their desired students. These include:
- Full time Class for students who have time during the day, Monday to Friday for 6 months
- Part time Class for people with busy schedule but available on Saturdays 6 to 9 months
- Exclusive Class for those who want to learn at their own pace (18 months)
- Busy Bee Class for extremely busy students (7am to 8am, 4 times a week)
- Express Class for students who wish to complete the training syllabus in the shortest period of time (daily fashion training for 10-12 weeks)
10. Valisimo Fashion School Lagos
Valisimo is another popular fashion school in Lagos. Application to this school is by paying into the school account.
Programme requirement include regular attendance, cooperation with academic staffs and non – academic staffs, materials for practical, etc.
Valisimo fashion school is not only one of the fashion schools in Lagos that offer training on fashion designing, they also offer make – up training. They’ve made it to our list of top 9 makeup schools in Lagos. You should check it out.
They offer free fashion design online courses once in a while on nairaland, Valisimo instructional DVDs from volume 1 – 5 are also available for a price.
- Address: 2, Akinwale Street, opposite nationwide filling station on Yaya Abatan road, Ogba, Ikeja, Lagos.
- Phone number: 08096577157.
- Website: www.valisimofashions.com.
Valisimo Tuition Fees Breakdown
They offer 2 types of learning methods:
1) Haute Couture Method or Bespoke method. Here, you sew to a clients specification
2) Pattern drafting method. This is the commercial process of sewing for mass production creating a foundation on paper before fabric.
- 3 months- 150,000 Naira only
- 6 months- 250,000 Naira only
- 9 months – 400,000 Naira only
Pattern Drafting Method Promo prices are:
- 3 months- 150,000 Naira only
- 6 months- 250,000 Naira only
- 9 months – 400,000 Naira only
For more information about their part time class fees, visit their website for more information.
11. Klassic Fashion Design Academy
Klassic fashion academy, one of the fashion schools in Lagos, offers qualitative training to intending fashion designers by exposing them to various fashion trends to tailor their mind towards excellence.
It offers training on pattern drafting, basic fashion modeling, fashion photograph, business entrepreneur, etc.
- Address: 2nd floor, 153, Akowonjo road, near chicken republic, Animashaun bus – stop, Akowonjo Egbeda, Lagos.
- Phone number: 08098279235, 08056011154.
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Website: www.kfdacademy.com.ng.
12. De-Image Creation
- Address: 16, Adenekan Salako close, by Diamond bank, Ogba – Ijaiye road, Lagos.
- Phone number: 08037207222, 01740199.
- E-mail: email@example.com.
- Website: www.deimagecreation.com.
13. Phitop Fashion School
Phitop fashion school is one of the fashion schools in Lagos and it offers fashion training from basic to advanced level.
- Address: 279, Axiom Plaza, Old Abeokuta motor road, by Tanbon-tanbon bus stop, beside Conoil petrol station, Agege, Lagos.
- Phone number: 09034288411, 08181582822.
- Website: http://phitopfashionschool.business.site/
A victim of wrecked cloth by a tailor, Tope vowed to learn fashion designing; she did and did not stop there.
Tope Williams – Adewunmi founded Martwayne Fashion School and made sure it became one of the fashion schools in Lagos.
This school offers affordable fashion training to aspiring fashion designers.
- Address: Sholeye Crescent, off Ayinde Giwa Street, Surulere, Lagos.
- Phone Number: 09034985377, 08183958856.
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Website: www.martwayne.com.
15. Ato Fashion Academy
Ato fashion academy is one of the fashion schools in Lagos. It offers training on pattern drafting and garment construction using international teaching systems in a class size of 7 students.
- Address: Obadina Street, Omole phase 1 estate, Ikeja, Lagos.
- Phone Number: 08158795060.
- E-mail: email@example.com.
16. Vigold School of Fashion
One of the fashion schools in Lagos that offers programmes and fashion designing course which include sewing techniques, fashion illustration, pattern drafting, fashion design, and creative ideology.
They are also involved in event management, fashion modeling, and Lydiafehnt design; an arm that deals with ready to wear clothing.
- Address: 51, Ago palace way, opposite Skye Bank, Ago – Okota, Isolo, Lagos.
- Phone Number: 08053352225, 08033227919.
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Website: www.vigoldcreations.com.
Good Fashions Schools In Lagos Lekki
Yes, if you’re based in Lekki and would love to go to a fashion school, here are fashion schools in Lekki Lagos.
17. Istituto Di Moda Burgo
It is not just one of the fashion design school in Lagos but the first international Italian fashion school in Lagos, Nigeria, West Africa, Africa.
For the past 7 years to date, this school offers fashion education on dressmaking, fashion design pattern making, and fashion styling using constantly upgraded facilities at the study centre.
10 students are taught by 1 teacher and these students have access to over 20 different kinds of specialty industrial sewing machines including other study materials.
- Address: Ekanem Orok Educational and Learning Foundation. No. 15, Kazeem Eletu Street, off Prince Ibrahim Eletu Street, Osapa – London, Lekki, Lagos.
- Phone number: 08102588512, 08156913368.
- E-mail: email@example.com.
- Website: www.imbnigeria.com.
Legsapparel fashion school is an arm of legs apparel and also a subsidiary of Legacy Integration Nigeria Limited RC: 455811.
Founded in 2004, it is not just one of the fashion schools in Lagos but also one of the fashion schools in Abuja, and Port Harcourt.
It offers different month duration programmes of comprehensive study, practical work which also includes the students working on their original design, etc.
Lectures take place for 4 hours, 9 students are assigned to 1 teacher. These students can reach their teachers via skype or telephone.
- Address: plot 18, Osamudiamen Ofabor Crescent, Idado, Lekki, Lagos.
- Phone number: 08068157180, 09053159767.
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Website: http://legsapparel.com.
19. Elveela Designs
One of the fashion schools in Lagos located at Lekki. This school moulds and improves its students’ innate creative instinct by training them on general sewing skills, pattern drafting, and pattern illustration.
- Address: plot 5, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu road, by Bogije shopping complex opposite TGS plaza, Bogije Ibeju-Lekki, Lagos.
- Phone number: 08155272290, 09033009682.
- E-mail: email@example.com.
- Website: www.elveelafashions.com.ng.
20. Gmyt Skill Acquisition Academy
Gmyt fashion academy, one of the top fashion schools in Lagos, was founded by Princess Kelechi Romeo Oghene.
This school offers training on pattern drafting, free hand, manual and digital fashion training, beading, art and craft, stoning, fascinator making, hats, etc.
Even Princess takes the students on one-on-one training. No wonder Gmyt academy has produced quite a number of fashion entrepreneurs, designers; amongst which include LB STITCHES, HOUSE OF DM, HOUSEOFVEE, etc.
- Address: 20B, Babatunde Anjous off admiralty, Lekki phase 1, Lagos.
- Phone number: 08063311111, 08093511111, +23414542859.
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com.
- Website: www.gmytfashionacademy.com.
21. Zapron Fashions
One of the fashion schools in Lagos known for its originality and creativity has graduated a number of fashion designers.
The school uses United Kingdom syllabus and teaching methodology including the latest world-class equipment to train her students.
Zapron fashion school also offers training in fashion and design, bag making, and fashion illustration.
- Address: 11, Osapa London, Lekki, Lagos.
- Phone Number: 08037764827, 0809053699675.
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Website: www.zapronfashions.com.
22. Nobel Afrik Fashion Training
Nobel afrik fashion school offers dynamic, creative, and technical training on pattern making, sewing, and designs, color sequencing, bridals, etc. They also offer beads training.
It is one of the fashion schools in Lagos that guarantees students making 75%-100% of the tuition paid before completion of the training.
They have other branches in Ikorodu, Abuja with their contact head office at Gbagada phase 1.
- Address: 16, Admiralty way Lekki phase 1, Brasas place 3rd floor, by Ebano supermarket, Lagos.
- Phone number: 08023119874, 09093928612, 08023297313.
- E-mail: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Website: www.nobelafrik.com.
Fashion Schools In Lagos With Accommodation
The following fashion schools in Lagos offer accommodation to their students at a cost.
Valisimo Fashion Design School
Valisimo fashion school offers accommodation to her students in the hostel facility at #20,000 per month. Interested students are to pay 3, 6, or 9 months’ rent upfront.
Osc College Of Fashion
OSC College of fashion also offers accommodation on a monthly basis within the range of #100,000 to #650,000.
Fashion And Art Academy
Fashion and Art Academy is not exempted from the list of fashion schools in Lagos that offer accommodation to her students.
Gmyt Skill Acquisition Academy
Gmyt skill acquisition academy offers accommodation to her foundation students.
Vigold School of Fashion
Are you looking for a fashion school in Lagos that offers accommodation? Vigold School of fashion is among fashion schools in Lagos that offer accommodation to her students.
Cheap Fashion Schools In Lagos Today
Well, you see when it comes to tuition fee what is expensive to Mr. A might be cheap to Mr. B besides these fashion schools have varying tuition depending on the programme they are offering.
The best option is to find out more about these programmes and decide if the money you are about to pay is worth it. I guess that is how one can judge if it is cheap or not (but my opinion though).
Fashion Schools In Lagos (Summary)
And there you have my list of fashion design schools in Lagos. Fashion designing is an exciting career choice that allows designers to create clothing and accessories.
Fashion designing also provides opportunities for travel and exposure to fashion trends and ideas.
Please note that these fashion schools in Lagos, Nigeria are in no particular order, the list is to give you info about their existence, training offered, and pricing
You should carefully scrutinize which of these fashion schools will give you all you need. Get in touch with each, ask questions and decide which is best for you.
There are many advantages to choosing a career in fashion design, including the earning and the freedom to create cutting-edge designs.
All of these fashion schools in Lagos have varying compatible lecture time frames so you can choose which one suits you either weekdays or weekends.
I’ll write about fashion schools in Surulere Lagos soon. If you found this list to be helpful, please like, share and give your comments.