There are so many standard and fast growing Law firms in Lagos state, and this gives a chance to guarantee justice in Lagos and Nigeria as it is.
Have you been to a law firm before? Were you amazed to see lawyers busy running their schedules?
First of all, lawyers are legal practitioners that are trained to defend the rights of the people so as to adhere justice.
Are you thinking of becoming a lawyer? It is such a good profession for you would defend your clients and get paid but its not really about the money, it’s about your love to uphold the law and defend people and fight for their rights.
You’ll find more detail about law and what law firms are, as you keep reading
Also, if you are looking for capable law firms in Lagos to approach concerning your legal cases, then this top list is all you need.
What Is Law?
According to Thomsonreuters Law can be defined as rules and regulations that are formed by legislative institutions which the people are bound to obey and are also backed up by sanctions.
In the early years, laws are made by the superiors to the inferiors and if any act of disobedience was found, there would be punishments and sanctions. Yes, that’s legal compliance.
The first law was believed to be made by God and it is commonly referred to as Natural Law. The law of nature includes the conscience of man to know or do what is right, for example; you should know that it is not right to kill your fellow human being.
Human made laws were also formed from the natural laws in order to main discipline and regulate individual’s activities.
Also, in the early ages, the laws of the kings are supreme and it has bindings on every individuals under the king’s leadership and any disobedience would be rendered as a disobedience to the king’s order and therefore, sanctions and punishments would be embarked upon.
In this modern world, particularly, Nigeria, laws are enacted by the legislature, an important arm of Nigerian government, for they are the institution dedicated and responsible for the creation of rules and regulations so as to regulate the activities of individuals in the country.
Most of these laws are found in the constitution as a means of reference when needed. If any of these laws are disobeyed, sanctions or punishments may occur and some of the sanctions and punishments are; payment of fine, imprisonment, canning, death sentence and many more.
Also, you need to know that there are different areas of legal practice and the adjudication of law is divided into two forms which are Civil law and Criminal law.
What Are Law Firms In Nigeria?
Since laws are put in place and we realize that our rights have been encroached upon or when we realize that we have broken a law or the other, we need a body to run to.
Lawyers are legal practitioners, they know the law and where to find it, they stand for those who do not know how to defend themselves and as well those who do not know the rule of law.
Therefore, the type of business entity where lawyers are found could be referred to as a “Law Firm”.
Unlike insurance companies, law firms are a form of business entity made up by a lawyer or lawyers in order to work (together) under a specific firm name, so as to dispatch their legal services to people.
There are different types of Law Firms in Nigeria and few of them would may take and advanced forms of business structure as they’ll be explained below:
Solo Law Firms
This type of law firms are usually controlled by a single lawyer. These single lawyers usually handle cases on family issues and cases on land and properties.
These services rendered by solo firms are usually less expensive and are highly negotiable unlike other law firms.
Large Law Firms
This type of law firms are capable of rendering a lot of legal services (If not even all) required of them to their clients.
What is considered to be a large law firm?
Simply put, if a firm has more than one office branch or hundreds of lawyers or attorneys, it could be assumed to be a large law firm
It comprises different kinds of lawyers in their different aspects of legal services like family law attorney, divorce lawyer, ta lawyer, estate lawyer, immigration lawyer, small business lawyer, administrative lawyer, company lawyer and much more.
Criminal Law Firms
This law firms basically focus on all criminal aspects so as to defend assumed criminals from being sanctioned, punished or to reduce the sanctions and punishments the criminal would face.
These criminal law firms have various skilled lawyers that are knowledgeable in criminal proceedings and that are always ready to defend criminals or help in reducing their punishments.
What Is the Work of a Law Firm? Services Provided
As a reminder, a law firm is a firm that involves in the distribution of legal services to different individuals, companies and institutions.
The work of a law firm include providing legal services which include:
- corporate matters
- contract analysis
- tax exemption
- fraud and abuse
- strategic counseling for governing boards
- mergers, acquisition and affiliations
- and many more.
The reason why we need law firms in Nigeria is to enable individuals of interest to gain fast and reliable access to lawyers in order so as to render their services to us according to how we need them.
People approach law firms when they need justice from the law and the right way to get justice is to approach lawyers in law firms so as to fight for their rights in the court of law.
Also, law firms are available to people who need consultation for legal advice, legal information, mediation, arbitration, preparation of specified documents, representation in courts of law and many more.
Top List of Law Firms In Lagos State For Legal Services
There so many law firms in Lagos that extend legal services to their clients and here are some of the top 20 law firms you’ll find in Lagos state.
1. Resolution Law Firm Lagos
Resolution Law Firm is one of the best commercial law firms in Lagos state that involve in services like property, aviation, immigration and more.
- Address: Alphon House, No 50/52, Toyin Street, Ikeja, Lagos, Nigeria.
- Website: resolutionlawng.com
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone number: 0809 922 3322
2. Bam & Gad Solicitors
Bam & Gad Solicitors is also one of the top law firms in Lagos state. They provide services such as trade & financial law, civil litigation services, real estate law and more.
- Address: Allen Avenue Plot 17/19, Ikeja, Lagos Nigeria
- Website: bamandgadsolicitors.com.ng
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone number: 0805 651 6199
Another legal solicitor in Lagos state is AELEX and they render different legal services that involves Commercial and Litigation law.
- Address: Falomo Ikoyi, Kingsway Road Marble House 7th Floor, Lagos, Nigeria.
- Website: aelex.com
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone number: +234 (1) 461-7321
Also Read: The top 5 largest shoprites in Nigeria
4. Agabi, Shinaba, Ogon & Co
Major services: Agabi, Shinaba, Ogon & Co is also one of legal service providers in Lagos state that involve in Criminal defense, legal advice, capital market securities, oil and gas, real estate and many more.
- Address: SW Ikoyi, 136 Awolowo Road 3rd Floor, Lagos, Nigeria
- Website: agashog.com
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone number: 0803 572 3937
5. Black Friars LLP
Black Friars LLP is one of the fast growing law firms in Lagos that involve in services like immigration, litigation, property, financial products, taxation, arbitration and corporate transactions and much more
- Address: The Penthouse Floor Itiku House 28-30 Macarthy Street, Falomo Ikoyi, Lagos Nigeria
- Website: blackfriars-law.com
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone number: +234 (907)036-0173
6. A. Garrick & Co
Major services: A. Garrick & Co is a reputable intellectual property law firm in Lagos that deals with legal cases concerning Civil laws, trademarks, patent and more.
- Address: Lagos state, Nigeria.
- Website: fgarrickco.com
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone number: +234 (80) 2319-0255
7. Goldsmiths Solicitors
Goldsmith solicitors is one of the top leading commercial law firms in Lagos that works in line with immigration, entertainment law, energy, banking and finance, corporate investigation and trade secrets, corporate and commercial law and more.
- Address: Lagos state, Nigeria.
- Website: goldsmithsllp.com
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone number: +234 (0) 1291 7913
8. G.Elias & Co.
Elias & Co law firm was established in 1994. The company provide property law, Alternative dispute resolution services and handle civil cases among others.
- Address: No.6 Broad Street, Marina Lagos Island, Lagos Nigeria
- Website: gelias.com
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone number: +(234)01 280 6970
9. Alex Scott and Partners
Alex Scott and Partners is one of the international law firms that provide mostly legal representation to their customers.
- Address: Located in No. 15A Adeola odeku st, Victoria Island, Lagos, Nigeria.
- Website: alexscottlawoffice.com
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone number: 234 (809) 333-3833
Also Read: The 10 best banks in Nigeria
The Best Commercial Law Firms In Lagos Nigeria
You need to know that the selection for the best commercial law firms are based on the ratings and reviews about them due to people’s experiences with them and also the standard of their services.
Resolution Law Firm
- Address: Resolution law firm is located in No. 51/52 Toyin st, opebi ikeja Lagos state, Nigeria.
- Website: resolutionlawwng.com
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone number: 0809 922 3322
Bam & Gad Solicitors
- Address: Bam & Gad solicitors is one of the best commercial law firms in Lagos which is located in No. 17/19 Allen Avenue ikeja, 100001, Lagos state, Nigeria.
- Website: bamandgadsolicitors.com
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone number: 08062787594
Also Read: Top manufacturing companies in Lagos Nigeria
Advocaat Law Practice
- Address: Advoocat law practice is one of the best commercial law firms which can be found around Law Union House, 14 Hughes Avenue, Yaba, 100001, Lagos state, Nigeria.
- Website: advocaat-law.com
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone number: 01 271 4042
Perchstone & Graeys
- Address: Perchstone & Graeys is one of the best commercial law firms in Lagos which is located in No. 1 perchstone & Graeys close, off Adekola Balogun, Off Remi olowode, 2nd Roundabout, Lekki Expressway, Lagos, Remi olowode st, Lagos state, Nigeria.
- Website: perchstoneandgraeys.com
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone number: 0704 598 4788
A Tejuoso & Co
- Address: A Tejuoso & Co is also seen as one of the best commercial law firms in Lagos and it is located in No. 23/29 Abibu oki st, Lagos Island, 108842, Lagos state, Nigeria.
- Website: tejulaw.com
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone number: 02 643 024
So, let’s continue with our list of top 20 best law companies in Lagos Nigeria..
10. Femi Ojumu & Co
- Address: Located in No. 45 Berkeley Street Minty dale House West Wing 4th Floor, Lagos Island, Nigeria.
- Website: attorneys-femiojumu.com
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone number: 0810 508 3893, 0909 837 0322
11. O. Akinrele And Company
- Address: No. 188 Awolowo, Ikoyi, Lagos state, Nigeria.
- Website: foakinrele.com
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone number: 01 463 0470, 01 463 0283
12. Aluko & Oyebode
- Address: No. 1 Murtala Muhammed Dr, Ikoyi, Lagos.
- Website: aluko-oyebode.com
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone number: 01 462 8371
- Major services: Aluko & Oyebode is one of the law firms in Lagos that offers services like banking, financial law and more.
13. Udo Udoma & Belo Osagie
- Address: St Nicholas House, 10th & 13th floor, catholic Mission Street, Lagos Island, Lagos, Nigeria.
- Website: uubo.com
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone number: 14622307-10
14. Elthon Partners
- Address: No. 92b Ojo Ln, Ikoyi, 110001, Lagos state, Nigeria.
- Website: elthonpartners.com
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone number: 0908 341 2050
- Major services: Civil law, Property law and more.
15. Emedith Solicitors
- Address: Plot 10B Flat 5 Noble Court White sands Road, Noble Close Lekki, Lagos Nigeria.
- Website: mremedith.com
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone number: 0909 040 4258
Emedith Solicitors is one of the law firms in Lagos that offers legal services like properties, commercial law, Alternative dispute Resolution and much more.
Legal Solicitors and Law Firms In Lekki Lagos
Here are few of the law firms in Lekki Lagos below and most people in Lekki contact them for legal services.
- Emedith Solicitors
Emedith Solicitors is located in Plot 10B Flat 5 Noble Court, White sands Road, Lekki Lagos, Nigeria. Some of Emedith Solicitors numbers are; 0909 040 4258, 0909 040 4258.
- GMO Legal
GMO is located in Sapphire House 12B Bashorun Okusanya Avenue off Admiralty Road, Lekki Peninsula, Lekki Phase 1 Lagos, Nigeria.
Some contact numbers are; 01 872 0338, 01 872 0342.
GMO Legal is one of the commercial law firms in Lagos that provide services like Arbitration, property law, commercial law and more.
- Ken Ahia & Associates
Ken Ahia & Associates is located in Plot 14 Block 109, Henry
Ojogho Crescent off George Enenmoh around the 3rd Roundabout, Lekki Phase 1, Lagos Nigeria. A contact number to Ken Ahia & Associates is 0805 552 5141.
Ken Ahia & Associates is one of the fast growing firms in Lagos that provide full services to their clients on matters concerning commercials, civil litigation, bankruptcy and some other legal matters.
- De Citadel Attorneys
De Citadel Attorneys can be found in Lekki New Road, Lagos, Nigeria.
- Bolaji Olowo Foyeku & co
Bolaji Olowo Foyeku & co is located in Ogidi crescent number 2, lekki, Lagos, Nigeria.
- Perchstone & Graeys
Perchstone & Graeys law firm is located in no. 1, pearchstone & Graeys close, Lekki, Lagos state, Nigeria.
- Nuel Partners
Nuel Partners is located in no. 35, Alpha Beach Road, lekki, Lagos state, Nigeria.
- Dale Solicitors
Dale Solicitors is located in no. 45, Olabanji Olajide Street, lekki, Lagos state, Nigeria.
- Emeka Etiaba & Company
Emeka Etiaba & Company is clocated in no. 5, C &I, leasing drive, lekki, Lagos state, Nigeria.
- Adeniji Kazeem & co
Adeniji Kazeem & co can be found in Ibotunda Adedoyin Ogungbe crescent, Lekki, Lagos state, Nigeria.
Concluding Notes on Law Firms in Lagos
There you have above my list of law firms in Lagos Nigeria. Did you find this post helpful?
I’m sure this post might be very relevant to people who are interested in approaching capable Lagos based law firms and also to Lawyers that are seeking law firms to associate with in Lagos.
Well, if you find this post helpful, feel free to use the comment box below to share your opinion.