Every year, Aviation school in Nigeria accept new students who want to study flight courses, gain pilot license and achieve their dreams of flying around the world into their various aviation academy.
Do you love motion? Are you interested in being a pilot or would you like to pursue a career in the aviation industry? We’ve got all you need.
Not quite long we made a post about the Nigerian airforce ranking and salary, you should check that out.
In this article I will share with you what commercial pilot training in Nigeria entails, requirements for aviation school and more.
Also, you’ll come to know the best aviation schools in Nigeria Lagos, admission into school of aviation Zaria, courses they offer and their school fees. With that being said let’s get started.
What Is An Aviation School or Flight School?
First, what is aviation? According to Wikipedia, Aviation refers to the activities surrounding mechanical flight and the aircraft industry. Aviation means flying or operating a plane.
Aviation comes from the Latin word ‘avis’ which means “bird” appropriately we can say aviation means travel by air, specifically in a plane.
It is also safe to say the aviation industry is the business sector that is dedicated to manufacturing and operating all kinds of aircraft.
Thus, an aviation school is an environment where students are taken in, trained in detail as private pilots, commercial, multi-engine pilots or as other aviation professionals.
Now that we you know what aviation and aviation school is all about, let’s move on.
Top 6 Best Aviation Schools In Nigeria and Their Fees
Here are 6 top accredited aviation schools in Nigeria accredited by Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority,where interested minds can learn and proceed to gain pilot license.
1. Nigerian College of Aviation Technology
NCAT as it is called is one of the best aviation school in Nigeria. It was founded in 1964 and also known to be the first flight school in Nigeria.
It is located at Zaria in Kaduna state and formerly known as Nigerian civil aviation training centre.
They have mutual partnership with other local airlines in Nigeria, so if you plan on becoming a pilot, then be certain to get all the necessary and essential training that needs to be acquired to become a pilot in this aviation school.
Accredited Aviation Courses Offered By NCAT
Asides training a pilot they offer some accredited aviation courses as well which includes:
- Flying School Courses
- Aviation Management Courses
- Air Traffic Services
- Aircraft Maintenance Engineering
- Aeronautical Telecommunications Engineering courses,
- Airport Emergency Procedure courses,
- Safety Management For aviation Practitioners
- Training Managers course and;
- Air Traffic Safety Electronics Personnel courses, just to mention a few
Aviation College Zaria School Fees
The Nigerian college of aviation technology fees ranges from #66,000 -#7,500,000 and the duration of their training could be from 1 week to 65weeks.
You can visit them at Nigerian college of aviation technology Zaria Kaduna. You could also send them an email on firstname.lastname@example.org or website on www.ncat.gov.ng.
You all will agree with me that NCAT is one of the best aviation school in Nigeria.
2. International Aviation College Ilorin
This aviation school is also one of the best aviation schools in Nigeria and it is located at the international airport Ilorin in Kwara state.
IAC is the first privately owned aviation school in Nigeria. They have diamond aircraft at their disposal and they use it at will in training their pilots.
This aviation school has foreign trained instructors that provide quality training to pilots, air traffic controllers and mechanics.
International Aviation College Admission and Courses
To get admission into International flight school you must be at least 17 years of age and also have at least 5 SSCE credits in mathematics, physics, English language, geography and any other subject.
You also have to pass other tests which are ability test, oral interview and aptitude test.
Some of the courses offered in this school are:
- Standard Pilot Course
- Flight Dispatcher Course
- Short Safety Courses
- Aircraft Technician Course and more.
School of Aviation Ilorin Fees and Duration
Depending on the course the duration of their courses starts from 8 weeks to 2 years. School of aviation Ilorin fees for a private pilot license is 7 million naira.
Need I say no more you will agree with me that IAC is also among the best aviation school in Nigeria.
You can visit their website on www.iac.com.ng or send them an email on email@example.com for further inquiries.
3. AeroConsult Limited
Aeroconsult Aviation Training is a leading specialist aviation consultancy firm in Nigeria offering services in operations, engineering, and management consulting to aviation and allied industries.
It is also approved by the Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority as an Approved Training Organisation (ATO) with Approval No.: ATO/AA/002
It was established in October 1993 as a direct consequence of the need to offer unparalleled development and technical backup to both established and up-and-coming aviation and allied firms at home and abroad.
With a core of professionals whose expertise impacts directly on the quality of project execution, coupled with its years of experience, Aeroconsult is arguably a reference point in the aviation sector.
Services offered by Aeroconsult Ltd cover a wide range of aviation business including:
* Professional development courses, seminars, workshops, and conferences
* Approved Training Centre for Flight Operations Officer/Flight Dispatchers and Cabin Crew
* Staff training and development
* Recruitment of human resources, executive research/manpower development, feasibility studies, air transport economics and planning, market studies.
* Aircraft and spare parts sourcing, spares and logistics support.
* Design and construction of Jet A-1 depot facilities, aviation fuel sourcing, storage, transportation, quality control, marketing, in-to-plane delivery service.
* Aircraft management – operating and managing aircraft for their owners.
* Engineering evaluation of new or used aircraft.
* Airworthiness advisory services, safety oversight audits, airline safety audits.
* Development of operations and engineering manuals, maintenance programme development.
Below you’ll find courses available, course code, and fees.
- Accountable Managers Course AMC #95,000
- Air Cargo Operations/Management Course ACRG #95,000
- Aircraft Maintenance Licence Preparatory Course AMLPC $950,000
4 Aircraft Maintenance Management AMM #95,000
- Aircraft Maintenance Planning and Control AMPC #95,000
- Aircraft Maintenance Programmes AMP #95,000
- Aircraft Accident Investigation AAI #95,000
8 Airline Technical Records & Documents Control System ATRDC #95,000
- Airline Management AM #95,000
- .Aviation Library Management ALM #95,000
- Aviation Stores Management ASM #95,000
- Airworthiness Course AWC #95,000
13.Basic Gas Turbine Engines BGT #100,000
14.Basic Pressurized Airframes BPA #100,000
15.Basic Aircraft Technicians Course BATCO #300,000
16.Basic Meteorology (Aeromet) BMA #95,000
- B737-200 Type Training (Maintenance)/Refresher Course #900,000/#250,000
- B737-300/400/500 (Classics) Maintenance/Refresher Course #900,000/#250,000
- Cabin Crew (Ab Initio) Training Course CCI #150,000
- Cabin Crew Conversion Course (B737 Classic/HS-125) CCC #85,000/#100,000
21.Carriage of Dangerous Goods Regulations CDGR #120,000
- Chief Pilots’ Course CPC #95,000
- Crew Resource Management CRM #120,000
24 Customer Service Orientation Course CSO #95,000
25.Dispatch Resources Management DRM #95,000
- Engineering Managers Course EMC #95,000
- Flight Operations Management FOM #95,000
- Flight Dispatcher/Flight Operations Officer (Basic) FDB #250,000
- Flight Dispatcher/Flight Operations Officer (Advanced) FDA #300,000
- Flight Dispatcher/Flight Operations Refresher Course FDR #180,000
- Fuel Tank Safety FTS #95,000
- Helicopter Landing Officers Course HLO #100,000
- Human Factors In Aircraft Maintenance MHF #95,000
- Human Factors In Operations HFO #95,000
- Human Perf. & Limitation, for Airline OPS Personnel HPL #95,000
- Introduction to Aviation Management AVM #95,000
- ICAO Safety Management Systems ISMS #95,000
- Loadmasters Course LMC #95,000
- Material and Logistics Management MLM #95,000
- Management of Air Navigation Systems and Safety MANS #95,000
- Minimum Equipment List #MEL 95,000
- Nominated Post Holder’s Course NPH #95,000
- Passenger Services Course Basic PSCB #95,000
- Principles and Methods of Accident Prevention AP #95,000
- Quality Auditing Techniques QAT #95,000
- Quality Management Systems for Airlines QMS #95,000
- Ramp Services Course RSC #95,000
- Regulations for Engineers (Interpreting and Understanding NigCARs 2015) RFE……………… #95,000
- Regulations for Pilots (Interpreting and Understanding NigCARs 2015) RFP……………… #95,000
- Safety/Emergency /Survival Equipment Procedures Training (SESP) #95,000
- Senior Cabin Crew Supervisory/Pursers Training SCCS #100,000
4. Dhaewood Aviation Business School
Another school which fits into the list of best aviation school in Nigeria is DABS. It was established in 2005 and located at 30, Lagos/Abeokuta express way cement bus stop, Ikeja Lagos state.
This aviation school in Nigeria is a flight school you should consider if you have the intentions of taking your prospective career in the aviation industry to the next level.
Dhaewood Aviation Business School is managed by certified team of qualified IATA tutors. They are also known to have links with colleges and universities abroad which demonstrates extensively their passion for excellence and high standard.
Courses Offered By Dhaewood Aviation School
This aviation school in Nigeria offers over 44 aviation courses other courses. Some of the courses they offer are:
- Airline Studies
- Airline Customer Service
- Airline Call Center Course
- Aircraft Engineering
- Cabin Crew
- Aviation Travel and;
- Ticketing Reservation to mention a few
Their Fees ranges from #50,000 – #7,500,000 and the duration of their courses starts from 3 months to 2 years.
You can visit their website on www.dhaewoodgroup.com or email them on firstname.lastname@example.org
5. Landover Aviation Business School
Here is another aviation school in Nigeria located in 17, simbiat abiola road, Ikeja lagos. LABS was founded in 2002.
This aviation school in Nigeria is NCAA approved and it is also the International Air Transport Association authorized.
They have three faculties which includes: The faculty of Travel and Tourism which offers basic airfares, Ticketing Programs and International Air Transport Association (IATA) certificates courses.
They also have the faculty of Aviation Technical Operations which offers basic flight dispatcher advance courses and lastly the faculty of Aviation Management Operations.
Landover Flight School Courses
Some of the courses offered in this aviation school are as follows:
- Basic Flight Operations Officers Course
- Basic Helicopter Landing Officers Course
- Radio Telephony
- Passenger Handling Program
- Basic Airside Safety
- Customers Service
- Basic Flight Dispatcher Course
- Ticketing Programs
- Basic Airfares and more
LABS fees starts from #75,000 – #230,000 and the duration of their courses depends on the course of study.
Visit their website on www.Landover.aero or email them on email@example.com
6. Universal School of Aviation Lagos
This is another aviation school in Nigeria located in Ejigbo Lagos state. USA as it is fondly called was established to produce expertise be it in the domestic or international aviation related agencies.
This aviation school in Nigeria is affiliated with domestic and international airline operating in and out of Nigeria.
Some of the courses offered in this aviation school in Nigeria are as follows:
Universal School of Aviation Courses and Fees
Listed below are the universal aviation courses that can be taken:
- Aviation management courses
- Flying school courses
- Air traffic services/communication courses
- Aircraft maintenance engineering
- Aeronautical telecommunications engineering courses
- Safety management for aviation practitioners
- Training mangers course
- Airport emergency procedure course
- Air traffic safety electronics personnel course
- ATSEP communication equipment maintenance course
- Training instructor course
- Training developer course
- ATSEP navigation equipment maintenance course
- ATSEP surveillance equipment maintenance course
- ATSEP power and facility equipment maintenance course
- Standard pilot course
- Flight dispatcher course
- Short safety courses
- Aircraft technician course
- Basic flight operations officers course
- Basic helicopter landing officers course
Their fees range form #50,000 – #7,000,000 depending on the courses you would like to register for. Visit them on www.universalschoolofaviation.com.ng or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
7. College Of Aviation and Management Studies
This is also one of the top aviation schools in Nigeria. It is located in 124, Ojuelegba road 3rd floor, surulere Lagos state.
CAMS is one of the best private aviation training institutions and this school offers good training facilities for professionals in the aviation industry.
CAMS Trainings and Courses
The training and education offered in this aviation school have been made flexible in such a way that irrespective of your work schedule it will meet your needs.
CAMS offers part time courses, full time courses and also distance learning options.
You can send them a mail on email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Note on Nigeria School Of Aviation Admission
The general requirements for entry into aviation school is a minimum of 5 credits in SSCE including physics, chemistry, mathematics and English language in not more than two sittings.
Application forms are obtained after these requirements are met, and after the submission of the form, credentials will be screened and qualified candidates will be contacted.
Candidates that are contacted would participate in oral and written assessment to be conducted by the college during the selection exercise.
The assessment will cover the following areas:
- General studies
- English language
- Mathematics and;
After the written and oral selection interview, successful candidates then required to undergo an aeromedical examination from any Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority Authorized Aeromedical Examiner.
Admission is based on satisfactory performance in the aptitude test and medical examinations.
Also Read: Best 22 Fashion Design Schools in Lagos
Best Aviation School In Nigeria (Summary)
That’s my list of best aviation school in Nigeria and note that the list is provided in no particular order.
Remember the 2018 Big Brother Naija Winner – Miracle? He pursued a career as a Pilot in the IAC Ilorin Kwara state. If you love being on air crafts, start now, get the training and make your dream come true.
Remember to always share, like and drop your comments in the comment section. If you would like more informative articles like this, please visit our website for more..