We have been giving updates about state universities in Nigeria, and right now I’ll share with you list of courses offered by Ekiti State University EKSU.
Ekiti State University is a state government owned and operated Nigerian university.
This State University has been official accredited and recognized by the National Universities Commission (NUC), Nigeria.
Ekiti State University EKSU Overview
Ekiti State University, Iworoko has been historically recorded as a Centre of Education.
The hint for creation of the University came during 1979 Nigeria general elections, when a gubernatorial candidate for Ondo State, Chief M. A. Ajasin made the university creation one of his campaign promises.
On Friday, 19th February, 1982, the Governor – Chief M. A. Ajasin announced the appointment of Professor Ifedayo Olawole Oladapo, OON (a fellow of the Nigerian Society of Engineers, former Dean of Faculty of Engineering and Deputy Vice-Chancellor of the University of Lagos) as the University’s first Vice-Chancellor, while the University’s law was passed into law on 29th March, 1982 as Obafemi Awolowo University Law No. 3 of 1982.
He also announced the membership of the University Governing Council as: Chief B. A. Ajayi (Chairman), Prof. A. A. Okunnuga, Prof. M. A. Bankole, Prof. J. O. Oluwasanmi, Mrs. O. Oloruntimehin, Rev. (Dr.) J. Agbowuro, Prof. H. A. Oluwasanmi, Chief O. N. Rewane, Mr. Felix Aiyebusi, Dr. Tahaya Aliu (NUC Representative), Chief R. F. Fasoranti (Finance Commissioner), Dr. N. F. Aina (Education Commissioner) and Dr. O. Ibukun.
The University system the world over and within the last millennium has come to be seen as a community of scholars, seat of learning, centre of liberal education and mother of the professions.
Also it is seen as the agent of national or regional development, vehicle for the propagation of teaching, advancement of knowledge through research and provision of service to society.
Pursuing these missions in varying degrees of mix, EKSU has chosen as its philosophy and purpose, a development objective.
Ekiti State University EKSU, on the list of all the state universities in Nigeria has graduated capable minds that are well equipped to proffer solutions to society challenges.
Lisa Gansky says “your brand is your public identity, what you’re trusted for.
You will agree we all have a unique identity; if you are seeking admission into EKSU or you are an alumni, its necessary to be aware of the school’s unique identity.
- Name: Ekiti State University
- Founded: 1982
- Acronym: EKSU
- Motto: “Knowledge Honor Service”
- Ekiti State University, Iworoko road, Ado Ekiti, Ekiti State.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | email@example.com
Official EKSU Portal
The official website of the University is: www.eksu.edu.ng
List of Courses Offered By Ekiti State University EKSU
The following are EKSU Courses i.e list of undergraduate courses and programmes:
- ACTUARIAL SCIENCE
- ADULT EDUCATION
- AGRIC-ECONOMICS AND EXTENSION
- AGRICULTURAL SCIENCE AND EDUCATION
- ANIMAL PRODUCTION AND HEALTH SERVICES
- ARABIC AND ISLAMIC STUDIES
- BANKING AND FINANCE
- BIOLOGICAL SCIENCES
- BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
- BUSINESS EDUCATION
- CHRISTIAN RELIGIOUS STUDIES
- CIVIL ENGINEERING
- COMPUTER ENGINEERING
- COMPUTER SCIENCE
- COOPERATIVE AND RURAL DEVELOPMENT
- CROP SOIL AND ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCE
- CURRICULUM STUDIES
- EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATION
- EDUCATION AND ACCOUNTANCY
- EDUCATION AND BIOLOGY
- EDUCATION AND CHEMISTRY
- EDUCATION AND CHRISTIAN RELIGIOUS STUDIES
- EDUCATION AND COMPUTER SCIENCE
- EDUCATION AND ECONOMICS
- EDUCATION AND ENGLISH LANGUAGE
- EDUCATION AND FRENCH
- EDUCATION AND GEOGRAPHY
- EDUCATION AND HISTORY
- EDUCATION AND INTEGRATED SCIENCE
- EDUCATION AND MATHEMATICS
- EDUCATION AND MECHANICAL AND AUTOMECHANIC TECHNOLOGY
- EDUCATION AND PHYSICS
- EDUCATION AND POLITICAL SCIENCE
- EDUCATION AND SCIENCE
- EDUCATION AND SOCIAL STUDIES
- EDUCATION AND YORUBA
- EDUCATION FOUNDATIONS AND MANAGEMENT
- EDUCATION TECHNOLOGY
- EDUCATIONAL MANAGEMENT AND PLANNING
- EDUCATIONAL MANAGEMENT
- ELECTRICAL/ELECTRONICS EDUCATION
- ELECTRICAL/ELECTRONICS ENGINEERING
- ENGLISH AND LITERARY STUDIES
- ENGLISH LANGUAGE
- ENVIRONMENTAL MANAGEMENT
- FORESTRY AND WILDLIFE MANAGEMENT
- FORESTRY WILDLIFE AND FISHERIES
- GEOGRAPHY AND PLANNING SCIENCE
- GUIDANCE AND COUNSELLING
- HISTORY AND INTERNATIONAL STUDIES
- HOSPITALITY AND TOURISM
- HUMAN KINETICS AND HEALTH EDUCATION
- INDUSTRIAL CHEMISTRY
- INDUSTRIAL MATHEMATICS
- INDUSTRIAL RELATIONS AND PERSONNEL MANAGEMENT
- INDUSTRIAL TECHNICAL EDUCATION
- LIBRARY AND INFORMATION SCIENCE
- MATHEMATICS /STATISTICS EDUCATION
- MECHANICAL ENGINEERING
- MEDICINE AND SURGERY
- NURSERY AND PRIMARY EDUCATION
- PHYSICAL AND HEALTH EDUCATION
- PLANT SCIENCE AND FORESTRY
- POLITICAL SCIENCE
- PURE CHEMISTRY
- RELIGIOUS STUDIES
- SCIENCE LABORATORY TECHNOLOGY
- TECHNICAL EDUCATION
- THEATER ARTS
- TOURISM STUDIES
- VOCATIONAL AND TECHNICAL EDUCATION
EKSU offers degree, pre-degree, part time, post graduate, and sandwich studies. The main campus is located at Ado Ekiti, Ekiti State.
Ekiti State University EKSU (Summary)
The University Law among others provides for the establishment, incorporation, constitutions and functions of the University with campuses that consist of colleges, schools and departments whose development were to be phased as a 10 year development plan
Did you find this post about EKSU helpful? Please give it a like and share and don’t forget to drop your comment, for more information.