Even though MS Outlook is a robust email client platform, sometimes MS users face different types of situations such as mailboxes corruption, synchronization, data deletion, etc. In such situations, the users will have no other option but to focus on the manual recovery of the mailbox items of MS Outlook.
When you use the MS Outlook application to configure the MS Exchange, it will generate a clone of the mailbox items that are stored in the OST files. The OST files allow MS Exchange users to edit or access the mailbox items even if their system is offline. The OST file data items are updated as per the MS Outlook version you’re using. Therefore, you can recover the mailbox items from your OST files through the MS Outlook application.
Fortunately, OST files will allow you to perform manual mailbox recovery options. This is because these Outlook data files carry the clones of the Exchange folder offline. You will never face problems obtaining MS Exchange data easily.
In this article, we will discuss how you can recover mailbox items easily through the OST files without any issues. Make sure you read this article to the end to know more.
Situation 1: When the Original MS Exchange Profile Was Not Modified
In this scenario, you need to start the MS Exchange offline with the help of old OST files. As per Tech Target, OST files are Offline Storage Table files. This way you will be able to recover the essential data items by transferring the messages from the OST files to the PST files. Here are some important steps you need to remember to recover:
- Consider opening the MS Exchange Email application in Offline mode
- Click on the option File> Open & Export> Import/ Export.
- From this option, the Important & Export wizard will appear. When you Export the file, you will be able to access the Outlook data files or the PST files.
- If you know the specific OST folder that contains the essential MS Exchange information, choose it. After that, click on the Next option.
- Choose the location to save the recovered data items. After that, click on the Finish button.
The messages will be exported to the new PST files. After that, you will face no issues copying and importing the messages to the PST files from the server-based mailbox.
Situation 2: If the Original MS Exchange Profile was Modified,
In this scenario, if the MS Exchange Server is accidentally deleted, or if you make any modification to the existing MS Exchange profile, the Outlook OST files will become useless. The Outlook OST files will become orphans and you cannot sync them to extract information. In such a situation, you will have no other option but to repair outlook.
The only valid way to recreate the synchronization between the MS Outlook OST files and MS Exchange Server is through the MAPI address. Here are the options you need to remember:
- Consider connecting MS Outlook with the real MAPI
- After that, connect the MAPI address to the MS Exchange Server
If you’re using old OSR files, you will undoubtedly face severe MS Exchange corruption. This is why the original MAPI address is extremely important. Without the MAPI address, you can never operate the OST files properly. Similarly, the OST files will become useless if it’s in a corrupt state.
If the Exchange Mailbox Gets Corrupted or Deleted Accidentally
Sometimes, you might have accidentally deleted your MS Exchange mailbox items. The problem will become worse if you failed to take any recent backup. The best way to tackle this situation is by focusing on the best OST recovery tool. With the help of the recovery tool, you can restore and recover the deleted Exchange mailbox items from the OST files. Here are some methods you need to keep in mind to recover the mailbox items.
- Make sure you launch the OST Recovery tool. Make sure you install the software properly. Click on the option Browse to choose the OST files that you want to recover.
- Whether you want to solve one or multiple damaged or corrupted PST files, make sure you choose the appropriate one from the system to implement the recovery option.
- This way you will receive a complete overview of the damaged OST files. Choose the one that you want to recover.
- Right-click on the specific email so that you can know the desired format.
- Choose the PST files as Output so that you can complete the recovered data. You can choose any type of desired Output you can as per the needed saving options.
- After that, you can choose the specific location so that you can save the recovered OST mailbox data items on the local machine. But make sure you choose the proper PST files so that you can repair them easily.
This is how you can recover mailbox items from the OST files. Make sure you let us know if you have any questions.