Who is the tallest man in the world 2019?
What’s your height? Are there some tall people around you? Better yet, who is the tallest person in your country?
So, my mom finds me bingeing on some good NBA game, and she remarks: “aren’t these guys tall?” well, she’s right, NBA athletes tend to have those high bodies but are they among the tallest people in the world?
I have done my research on those who made it to the list of the tallest man in the world, and well, my mom would be surprised that the NBA guys who she finds tall don’t even make it to the top 10.
The ages of giants may be long gone, but the guys in this list will surprise you. Meet the tallest men in the world in 2019.
Who Is the Tallest Man In the World 2019 Height?
According to the Guinness world record, Sultan Kosen, a Turkish farmer is the world’s tallest man at 8 ft 3 inches tall and also has held that record since 2009.
Sultan Kosen was born on 10th Dec 1982 in Turkey. In 2009 he became the world’s tallest man after overtaking the then Bao Xishun.
Sultan’s giant stature is a result of pituitary gigantism – his body overproduces growth hormones. So, while he is the tallest man in the world, his siblings are of average height.
Mr. Sultan is a married man; his wife is a Syrian born woman. The family resides in Mardin province, Turkey. He has said that due to his height, he finds it challenging to communicate with his wife.
Other tallest men in the world today are in the same height range.
The average human height is 5′ 7,” but it’s common to find people above this, say at 6′ 6″ – like the NBA guys who surprise my mom – or below average height too (extremely short).
The tallest man ever in medical history for whom there is irrefutable evidence is Robert Wadlow, who when last measured on 27 June 1940 was found to be 2.72 m (8 ft 11.1 in) tall. He remains the tallest person in the world, ever.
Quick question; if being tall qualifies you to be the richest person in the world, what will you pray for?
Other Tallest Men In the World Today
The men in this list are giant men – not your 6ft next-door neighbor or Geography teacher. Here’re the next tallest males in the world.
2. Brahim Takioullah
This Moroccan man is the second tallest man in the world and Africa’s tallest man. Mr. Brahmi’s gigantic size is caused by a condition called acromegaly – hands and feet grow large due to excess growth hormones.
Once he grew tall by 1 meter in a single year till his school doctor asked him to undergo a blood test for diagnosis of the cause.
- Mr. Brahim’s information includes:
- He was born in Morocco in 26th Jan 1982
- He stands at 8 feet 1 inch tall
- He once held the record for the largest feet.
- He wears specially designed shoes by Jerome Liegeon.
3. Morteza Mehzard
He is a Paralympian from Iran and also stands at 8 ft 1 inch which makes him the second tallest man in the world alongside his Moroccan counterpart. Mr. Morteza biography and records include:
- He was born in17th Sept 1987
- He plays sitting volleyball
- He has acromegaly too
- Took part in 2016 Rio Paralympics
4. Dharmendra Pratap Singh
Mr. Singh from India is the fourth tallest man in the world and India’s tallest man too.
- He stands at 8 ft, 0.7 inches
- He is 36 years old and has acromegaly too
- He weighs only 70 kg
- He says his height keeps him from finding a woman
- He holds a masters in Hindu literature.
5. Zhang Juncai
Born in China’s Shanxi province in 1966, Mr. Juncai has grown to be the fifth tallest person in the world.
- He stands at 7 feet 11.240 inches
- He is friends with the tallest woman in the world Yao Defen
- He’s china’s tallest living man
- Sometimes appears in TV commercials
6. Asadullah Khan
India’s second tallest person is the worlds 6th tallest man at 7ft 11in.
He says his height and feet size give him lots of troubles that he even considers it a curse of some sorts.
His father died a short while ago, and he’s the one who takes care of his family now by taking up casual gigs even at construction sites:
- He says his height denies him bliss -like finding the right woman
- He has trouble picking shoes
- He is 28 years old.
7. Naseer Soomro
Lots of tall men coming from Asian countries right? Well, Asians have been through that growth spurt that has started defying archetype.
Naseer Soomro at 7’ 11” is the 7th tallest man in the world.
- He was born in 28th March 1964
- He’s a poet, journalist, and linguist
- He’s well published and has been mentioned in English-Sindhi dictionary by Oxford.
8. Bao Xishun:
He too hails from the People’s Republic of China, and at 66 years he’s the oldest guy in the list.
He’s a herdsman living in Mongolia. He once held the Guinness Record of the tallest man when Stadnyk Leonid declined to be measured.
- He was born in 1951
- He is 7′ 9.5.”
- He has trouble walking
- Played in China’s basketball team
- He’s an army veteran
- Has appeared in TV commercial and shows
9. Sun Ming Ming
From China with love now ain’t it? Well, you might have seen his size 20 feet in some movies. Sun Ming Ming is the world’s 9th tallest man at 7 ft. 9 in and biography and records include:
- Born in 23rd August 1983
- He plays basketball – now a free agent, he initially played for Beijing Ducks
- He’s kind of a celebrity as he shows up in TV shows
- Tried joining the NBA in 2015
10. Radhouane Charbib
This Tunisian man is also the second tallest man in Africa at 7 feet 9 inches. He was once recognized as the world’s tallest man by Guinness Records.
- He’s 61 years -born on 27th October 1968
- He lives in Tunisia surrounded by family and friends who appreciate him.
- He considers his height to be a gift.
You definitely can’t help it but talk about the tallest woman in the world when talking about the tallest man. You can read more about the tallest women in the world.
Go check out the living Sandra Elaine’s like Yao Defen at 7′ 8″, Sandy Allen at 7′ 7.5″ and more won’t you?
The Richest Man In the World (Summary)
Well, there you go, until some aliens show up and shock the world, you can continue marveling at the height of these giant men here.
Oh, and don’t forget the ladies too, as I’ve stated slightly above. The question is; what did you think of the tallest man in the world today? Is his height a blessing or a curse?
Let’s have your comment in the box provided below