Let’s talk about one of our music female celebrities “Simi”, her personal life, career success, awards, and net worth.
Let me give you interesting news: this personality is one of the top 10 richest female musicians in Nigeria in 2020.
Simi, having great talent in singing started her career as a church chorister and from there developed herself into a music star that is being celebrated today.
As we know that Simi is one of the 21st-century music stars and within these previous years, the young star has recorded lots of achievement, especially in the music industry.
What then is Simi’s Net Worth and how has she successfully made it in the music industry?
Simisola Bolatito Ogunleye, popularly known by her stage name as Simi, is an Afro-pop artiste who became well known for singles called “Tiff” and “E No Go Funny”.
She is a rising Nigerian R&B singer, songwriter, actress, recording artiste, stage performer, model and a philanthropist.
She was born on 19th April 1988 in Ojuelegba, Surulere, Lagos State in the southwestern part of Nigeria. However, she is from Ondo State. She is currently 31 years old.
By her nature, she is a tomboy, having grown up as the last of the four children of her parents and also the only girl.
Her parents separated when she was 9 years old.
However, she found herself living and raised by a single mum but that did not derail her.
Simi completed her primary and secondary school education in Lagos, Nigeria and obtained her First School Leaving Certificate and West African Senior School Certificate.
After her primary and secondary school education, she proceeded to Covenant University in Ota, Ogun State, Nigeria and graduated with a Bachelor’s Degree in Mass Communication.
She is married to one of the music artists in Nigeria, Adekunle Kosoko – popularly known as Adekunle Gold, on 9th January 2019.
Career and Endorsements
Simi grew up dancing and singing as a member of her local church choir until she wrote her first song at age 10.
She started her professional music career in 2008 with her debut album titled “Ogaju” with Hit tracks like “Ara Ile” and “Iya Temi” produced by Samklef.
Simi musical career came to limelight when she released the Hit titled “Tiff” in 2014, the song was nominated in two categories at the Headies 2015 and further brought her to mainstream recognition.
On 9th January 2014, Simi released two singles titled “Tiff” and “E No Go Funny” with the songs receiving massive airplay and accepted generally among music critics.
The video for “Tiff” was released on 30th August 2015 and was directed by Josh Clarke. The song went to be nominated in the “Best Alternative Song” category at the 2015 Headies Awards.
She released her EP album titled “Restless” in January 2014 which gave her more recognition and earned her a record deal with X3M Music. Though in May 2019, she left the label following the expiration of her contract.
On 14 February 2016, she released the Oscar Hemen Ackah-produced love ballad “Love Don’t Care”, the video was directed by Clarence Peter. The song received frequent radio airplay and was met with positive reviews.
In an interview with the Leadership newspaper, Simi revealed that she started working on her second studio album, which was slated for release in 2016.
Upon releasing “Jamb Question”, Simi was listed as one of the artistes to watch out for in 2016 by NotJustOk. The remix of “Jamb Question” features Falz.
On 27th October 2016, Simi collaborated with Falz to release the hit song “Chemistry” a project which was described by Oghene Michael of 360Nobs as an “experiment of the word art”.
She released her 12-track second studio album “Simisola” which has two hit singles like “Smile for Me” and “Joromi”. Both songs were accompanied by music videos directed by Clarence Peters and Aje Films respectively.
The music track “Simisola” was released in September 2017 and received positive reviews and went on to debut at number five on the Billboard World Albums chart.
Her third studio album “Omo Charlie Champagne, Vol.1” was released to coincide with her thirty-first birthday on 19th April, 2019.
She launched her record label Studio Brat in June 2019. You can check through the top 14 Nigerian Music Websites to download any of these songs.
The album is a slight departure from the relatively afro-centric feel of “Simisola”. It is a mixture of the sentimental ballad, Afropop, Afro-fusion, Afro-soul, R&B, EDM and Moombahton.
The 13-track album features guest vocals from Patoranking, Maleek Berry, Falz, and her husband Adekunle Gold.
Apart from singing and songwriting, Simi is also a sound engineer. She is credited to have mixed and mastered Adekunle Gold’s album “Gold” which was released in July 2016.
She has also featured in several hit records like “Soldier” with Falz, “No Forget” with Adekunle Gold, “Orire” with Legendary beatz and a few others.
Her music style is basically hinged in the rhythm and blues, soul and hip-hop genre of music.
Simi was by endorsed by Etisalat and Opera Mini as the brand ambassador of both companies in 2017 and 2018 respectively.
These endorsements were worth millions which boosted her career and also increased her popularity and her net worth.
- Ogaju – 2008
- Simisola – 2017
- Omo Charlie Champagne, Vol.1 – 2019
AWARDS AND NOMINATIONS
- Most Promising Act to Watch at the Nigerian Entertainment Awards 2015.
- Most Promising Act of the Year at the City People Entertainment Awards 2015.
- Best Vocal Performance (Female) at the Headies Awards 2015.
- Female Artiste of the Year at the City People Entertainment Awards 2016.
- Choice Upcoming Female Artist at the Nigerian teen Choice Awards 2016.
- Best Breakthrough Act Category at the MTV Africa Music Awards 2016.
- Best Collaboration at the Headies for “Soldier with Falz” in 2017.
- Best Collabo of the Year at the City People Entertainment Awards 2017.
- Best Afropop Female Artist at the Nigeria Entertainment Awards 2017.
- “Love Don’t Care” won the Best Vocal Performance (Female) in 2017.
- Songwriter of the Year at the AFRIMA Awards in 2017.
- Best Recording of the Year at the Headies 2018.
- Best R&B single at the Headies 2018.
- Nominated at the Nigerian Music Video Awards for the best R&B Video in 2015.
- Nominated at the Nigerian Music Video Awards for the Best Soft Rock/Alternative Video in 2015.
- Best Vocal Performance (Female) nominee at the Headies 2015.
- “Tiff” was nominated as the Best Alternative Song at the Headies 2015.
- Nominated “Love Don’t Care” for the Best Recording of the Year at the Headies 2016.
- Nominated at the Nigerian Entertainment Awards 2016 as the best Afro-pop Female Artist.
- Nominated “Chemistry” (with Falz) for the Best Album at the Nigeria Entertainments Awards 2016.
- Best R&B Single nominee at the Headies 2016.
- Nominated for Best Pop at the Soundcity MVP Awards Festival in 2017.
- Best Female MVP nominee at the Soundcity MVP Awards Festival 2017.
- Best Vocal Performance (Female) nominee at the Headies 2018.
- “Simisola” was nominated for the Best R&B/Pop Album at the Headies 2018.
- Nominated as the Artiste of the Year at the Headies 2018.
- Best Female MVP nominee at the Sound city MVP Awards 2019.
Related Post: Adekunle Gold Net worth
Simi Net Worth Today
Simi is currently one of the richest and most influential female artistes in Nigeria with an estimated net worth of 700,000 U.S Dollars.
In one of Simi’s quotes, she wrote, “Life is short. Enjoy your life. Don’t spend half of it worrying about what you don’t have, so you won’t have to spend the other half regretting not enjoying what you have”.
Living a life with purpose, focus and enthusiasm helps one in realizing ones dream. Truly, this music artiste has realized her dream or maybe one of her dreams.
What are you doing to realize that dream? You may be included in the list of top celebrities tomorrow.
Hope you found this post inspiring and helpful? Kindly like, share and drop your comments.