Ever heard of DomainKing? Are you looking to start your blog? Then the very first thing you should consider is to register a domain name for your blog.
A domain name is the first thing you would need for getting your blog online, and you must choose it very wisely. But at the same time, you should not spend more when you get the same .com, .net, .org or .ng for cheaper prices.
Related: More domain extensions and their meanings
So in this post I will show you exactly how to choose your domain name, get it at the cheapest prices and also register with a superb hosting company.
Tips to buy your domain name:
- Keep it short: You should try to make your name as short as possible. Long names are hard to remember so it is best to register a short name.
- .com or .ng: If you creating a blog that will have global audience then you should go for a .com domain. But if your blog is going to have Nigerian audience then it is best to choose .ng or .com.ng.
- Avoid Hyphens: Never register a domain with hyphens or special characters as it might confuse your visitors who would possibly forget your name or mistype it in future.
- Choose your Registrar wisely: You must pick your registrar with extra care. A bad registrar can give lots of stress. So you must take some time when choosing your registrar.
Also Read: 12 other tips to choosing your domain name
Now the question is how you can register your domains?
Where to register your domain name?
If you are a regular reader of my blog then you may have noticed that I have mostly been recommending foreign Registrars in the past.
But I found that most Nigerian bloggers are not able to pay conveniently with them. So considering this major challenge, I did some research on local Registrars who are as good as foreign Registrars.
There are a number of providers who provide domain registration services but it does not mean they are the same. In fact, no two domain registrars are ever the same.
And choosing the right one can save you a lot of money and also give the benefits of free add-on services.
From my research I can recommend that you register your domain names with DomainKing.NG without a doubt.
Domainking.ng is your go to platform for unique hosting services. Why? Here are the benefits:
- Cheapest Domain pricing: NG offers the cheapest pricing for all domain extensions. You can get .com for N2699, .com.ng for N999, .org for N4499 with them.
- Free Emails & Privacy protection: Some of the domain provider charge extra for the add-on services like privacy protection, DNS panel, blogger setup, emails etc. But all these services are totally free with every domain you buy from DomainKing.
- Affordable Web hosting: DomainKing offers the cheapest web hosting in Nigeria and what more you will need when you can get best prices for both domain names and web hosting from a single provider.
- Easy Domain Management: Many Registrars don’t offer full features in their panel for managing your domain. I know some registrars where you need to contact support just to get an EPP code. Imagine that! But DomainKing offers full control in their client panel.
- 24*7 hours Premium Support: Their support is among the fastest. You will get almost instant replies to all queries, it feels like they have dedicated support member for every client!
They have Instant live chat support available on their website with zero wait time while email and ticket support has the average response time of just 10 minutes.
If you are now convinced to register your domain with DomainKing.NG then read on to find out the steps to get started.
Steps to buy Domain Name on DomainKing.NG?
Step 1: Go to DomainKing.NG & search the name that you want to register in the search box on top of their home page.
Step 2: Once you have entered your domain name & clicked search, then you will redirected to the search results page.
If your desired domain name is available for registration then Congratulations message will be displayed on the screen.
Step 3: Now you need to select the number of year. If you want to register domain for 2 year then you need to select 2 year from drop down menu..
After selecting the billing cycle you need to click on Click to Continue >> button as shown in below screenshot.
Step 4: In Domain Configuration page you need to select various free Add-On Services and enter the name-servers of your hosting account. After entering the required details you need to click on Continue to Final Checkout Page >> button.
Note: If currently you don’t have or know the name-servers then you can leave the entered default name-servers in it.
Step 5: Now you are inshopping cart page where you need to review your order. You can check the amount and spelling of the domain name before proceeding.
Step 6: After reviewing your order you need to scroll down to Your Details section where you need to register your account. You can select New Customer if you have not registered your email yet.
If you are already customer of DomainKing.NG then you need to select Existing Customer.
Step 7: Now you need to scroll down to the bottom of the page to select your preferred payment method.
You can pay using your Naira Card, Verve Card, VISA card and Master card. If you are not using your card then you can also pay them via Bank Transfer or Bank Deposit.
Step 8: After selecting your preferred payment method you need to select terms of services and click on Complete Order button.
Congratulation! Your domain is now registered. You can check your registered email for the confirmation.
I hope you like my step by step tutorial on registering domain with DomainKing.NG. If you have any queries or doubts then you can ask via comment section below.
NOTE: This post is sponsored by DomainKing.NG.