If you have a forced-air heating system in your home then you can find it expensive because the boiler of this heating system blowing the warm air through ducts, and you need to pay a huge electricity bill every month for this heating system.
You can replace this heating system with a hydronic floor heating system, and you can install PEX tubes under the floor to keep your rooms warm.
Such PEX tubes are connected with the boiler. Hot water generated from the boiler and circulated through these PEX tubes. It will transfer the heat to the floor surface and keep your rooms warm.
Steps To Install Hydronic Floor Heating:
- You need to install such PEX tubes with long loops and you must keep the minimum distance of 9 inches between two tubes. Then you can apply mortar or concrete to these tubes to seal them properly. You can also install the same under your tiled floor.
- To avail the best hydronic floor heating, you must choose the code-approved plastic tubing, which is layered with the ceramic material. You can use lightweight concrete to seal the floor and you must choose the tubes which can store the heat for a long time. Hydronic heating is also known as radiate heating, and you can keep your rooms warm for a long time in winter with this hydronic floor heating.
- To install hydronic floor heating, you need to install a vapor barrier. You can choose a 6-8 ml plastic barrier for your rooms, and you must maintain their code compliance.
Once you install the barrier, you need to insulate the slab from the earth. You can use a polystyrene board for the same.
These boards are available in different sizes and thickness, and you can choose 2-3 inches’ polystyrene board for your rooms.
- You can choose Crete-heat mesh or rebar for insulating the floor and these meshes come with a built-in barrier. It is the easier way to install hydronic floor heating, and you can easily install this mesh under the floor. It is designed with tubes, barriers, and tube holders. So, you can simply install these prefabricated meshes under the floor for radiant heating.
- Once you insulate the floor, you need to install the PEX tubes. If you have already installed the Crete-heat mesh, then you can easily install the tubes on the mesh. But if you install foam board then you need to staple the tubes with a special gun.
- After you install the tubes, you need to install the aluminum heat emission fins or plates. You can choose thicker plates to increase the heat transfer rate. Aluminum plates will absorb the heat from the tubes, and it will transfer the heat to your floor. You must cover the entire floor with these plates, especially when you are installing hydronic floor heating in your bathroom or carpeted rooms. For your living rooms, you can leave some space between these plates.
- Apart from that, you need to install an aluminum reflective barrier. For hydronic floor heating, you need to install a boiler, different types of valve, and other necessary components.
The cost of hydronic floor heating depends on the size of your rooms.
You need to install a water heater, tubes, pump, and various attachments for hydronic floor heating, Once, you install the hydronic heating, you do not need to spend any maintenance cost.
So, it will save your future expenses. You can search for such hydronic heating services online and compare their prices to choose an affordable one. But make sure to hire the best available services in the market.