How to register a Betking account?
Betking is one of the top bookies in Africa with a strong presence in Nigeria, Kenya and more countries.
The bookie was cofounded by Adekunle Adeniji and Byron Petzer. Super Eagles legend, Jay Jay Okocha is the brand ambassador. Betking is relatively new compared to other bookmakers in the industry. However, the betting site has grown to become a popular choice amongst punters.
The bookmaker was founded in 2018 and has since continued to rise up the ranks to secure its spot as one of the best bookies in Africa.
More punters are migrating to the betting site daily due to the remarkable service and bonus perks that customers enjoy. Once you sign up on Betking and make a deposit, you will be able to claim the Betking deposit bonus.
Most punters use Betking for sports wagering as the bookmaker offers competitive odds and has a wide coverage. Bettors can wager on sports like football, basketball, ice hockey, horse racing, baseball, and more. You can check the site to help bettors with hints like over under tips for basketball. These tips come in the form of blog posts and are very helpful for punters.
Registering a Betking account is easy. Once you have an internet-accessible device and a strong internet connection, you’re good to go. In this article, I will share how you can register a Betking account and how to verify the account.
I will also share how you can fund your Betking account. Keep reading to ensure you don’t miss out on any details.
How can you register on your mobile phone?
To register an account on your mobile phone, ensure your phone has an active internet connection. Once certain, follow these steps to register a Betking account on your mobile phone:
- Open your mobile browser. If you are using an android phone, Google Chrome is the preferred option. For iOS, you can use any of Chrome, Safari, or Firefox. In your browser, access the official Betking website.
- Once the website comes up, navigate to the register menu which is usually on the top-right corner of your screen. Click on the register menu and you will be redirected to the account registration page.
- The registration page contains boxes meant to be filled with your information. Fill in the boxes as required. The information needed is your email address, phone number, password, full name, date of birth, and state of residence. Once done, you can continue with your registration.
- When you click on sign up, you will receive a six-digit confirmation message to your phone number. Enter the code as prompted to complete your registration.
- Once done, your account will be created and you’ll be able to login into your fresh Betking account.
Note that in some cases, you may experience difficulties when trying to open a Betking account. The most common difficulties come from date of birth and email addresses.
If you can’t sign up using your email, that means the email you’re trying to use is tied to another Betking account. You will have to use another email as two accounts can’t share the same email address, it has to be unique.
Also, you have to be of legal age before you can engage in gambling in Nigeria and Kenya. The legal age is 18 years in these countries, hence you need to be at least 18 years old before you can complete your account registration on Betking.
How can you deposit money in the Betking account?
After registering an account on Betking, the next step is to fund your betting account so you can place wagers.
To fund your account, follow these steps:
- Login into your betting account and navigate to the account menu.
- Click on deposit to view the available deposit options. Some of these options are Quickteller, online bank transfer, Interswitch webpay, and paydirect bank transfer. The minimum deposit is #100. Choose the option that suits you and follow the prompts to complete your payment.
- Once done, your payment should reflect instantly in your account. For bank transfers, it may take longer to appear as banks may face network congestion.
Note that you may have to pay a small commission depending on the deposit method you use.
Do you need to provide any documents to register?
When registering an account on Betking, you do not need to provide any document. The registration process is straightforward and all you need to do is provide the information included in the earlier section of this article.
If you are trying to register an account and you’re asked to provide any documents, crosscheck the website to be sure it’s the official website.
Is there any KYC and verification before depositing?
When you want to make a deposit, you are not required to do your KYC verification. However, all customers are required to do the KYC verification in order to withdraw their winnings from the betting site. KYC verification is the avenue through which Betking verifies your identity and prevents the website from being exploited by scammers.
To do your KYC verification, you will be required to provide a valid means of identification. The proof of identity must clearly display your name, photograph, date of birth and document expiry date. One of the following documents will be required:
- International passport.
- Driver’s license.
- CAC business registration name if you opened an account under a business name.
- Valid voter’s card.
- National identity card(the slip will suffice).
To do your KYC verification, follow these steps:
- Enter your Betking username or phone number and click on enter.
- Upload a valid proof of identity. You can upload the front and bank of the document as required. Any of the documents listed above will work just fine.
- Submit your verification request.
Once your request is submitted, Betking will review your information and send you a confirmation message when successful. In some cases, you may be required to provide further information to complete your verification so keep an eye on your inbox.