Don jazzy net worth scares poverty! Yoruba’s will say “Owo to n deruba Oshi” meaning money that scares poverty.
This time, in our series of richest musicians in Nigeria, I will be gisting you about an Isoko man who was born 36 years ago.
- Full Name: Michael Collins Ajereh
- Nationality: Nigeria (Abia State)
- Source of Wealth: Music Producer, Entertainment
- Net Worth: $40,000,000.00
Don Jazzy Net Worth Forbes
So, what is Don Jazzy net worth 2019? Let me tell you more about him first.
This man grew up in Ajegunle Lagos, where he fell in love with music at a very tender age. He worked as a security guard before baba God blesses his hustle.
Yep, I am referring to no other person other than Michael Collins Ajereh, popularly known as Don Jazzy.
Don Baba J was the cofounder of Mo’ Hits record in 2004 and present CEO of Mavin records. He is a producer, singer, songwriter and an entrepreneur.
Come along as we will be exploring more about this wealthy yet humble and shy musician! First, let’s start with his endorsement.
Don Jazzy Endorsements
In my opinion, serving as a brand ambassador must have actually padded Don Jazzy net worth as he has sealed a number of deals with big and reliable companies.
- Mtn – Report has it that he renewed a 40 million naira deal with MTN Nigeria in 2015, that was after the first contract in 2012 expired. It could have been more you know.
Although he along with others were disengaged in 2016 but baba don make his money.
- Loya Milk – Don Jazzy became a brand ambassador to loyal milk in 2012. Of course as a game changer, it’s not going to be a cheap deal at all. Industry reports 40 to 50 million naira.
Whichever, no be small money at all.
- Samsung electronics – His contract with Samsung in 2012 was signed in South Africa and it was really mouthwatering as industry reports 100 to 110 million naira.
- Konga – Report shows that he signed a 15 million naira deal with Konga. What a perk up to Don jazzy net worth.
- Johnnie Walker – Don Baba J signed this endorsement deal with one of the leading alcoholic brands in 2015.
This was really a great deal as it worth hundreds of thousands of dollars. This must have really enhanced Don Jazzy net worth.
In 2017, when report claimed that he has outgrown being a brand ambassador, Don Jazzy responded that it’s only his nose that is too big meaning “bad belles no spoil market for me o”.
Although he directs endorsement to his so called children now (Artists), I don’t think he is closed to great endorsement as it has greatly helped Don Jazzy net worth.
Don Jazzy Investments
What about his investments?
As an entrepreneur, Don Jazzy has expended so much money into profit making business. This has greatly boosted Don Jazzy net worth.
Image of Don Jazzy as an entrepreneur
Have you heard of Mavin energy? If you are his follower on Instagram, you should have seen him advertise the firm.
Mavin energy is an oil and gas firm launched in 2012. The firm has many tankers and they supply all petroleum products such as petrol, kerosene, diesel, jet fuel and cooking gas.
Although his younger brother monitors the firm, Don Jazzy enjoys active income and strong higher returns from this investment. What uplift for his net worth.
Flobyt is another company of Don Jazzy that provides free Wi-Fi service to Lagosians.
All you need to do is to patronize their partners (eateries, bars, salons etc) with this free Wi-Fi service and you can surf the net.
As you surf, there are adverts that keep popping. You wonder how this contributes to Don jazzy net worth.
Don Jazzy can be nice but he is smart. He can’t advertise for free! LOL
Don Jazzy also invest in his artists whom he often call his children.
He signed Reekardo banks in 2013 while Di’ja and Korede Bello were signed in 2014. These deals cost him millions of naira.
However he gets his percentage of all their efforts in terms of their album sales and shows placed.
Just two years after he signed Korede Bello, he declared in December 2016 that he made 100 million naira on two of his songs.
Is that not a worthwhile investment? You can download any of the Mavin crew songs on any of these top Nigerian music websites.
One day, I hope he considers marriage so he can invest in it as well. Please someone; help me tell him not to worry. His profit will be more. Lol
Don Jazzy Houses and Cars
Have you ever seen his cars and houses? Let’s explore them!
As we all know, houses in Banana Island can be damn expensive and Don Jazzy own a very huge house on that Island.
Report shows that his house worth is over 150 million naira.
Another of his house is located in Lekki. This is often called Lekki Office home as he spends more time there. It’s worth is over 160 million naira.
Report also has it that he owns a house in Los Angeles worth over 5.9 million dollars.
No wonder he made it to the list of top 10 richest musicians in Nigeria music industry.
I’m sure you will agree that the value of these houses must have augmented Don Jazzy net worth.
His cars are uniquely recognized as his name is boldly written on the number plate of the cars. These cars include:
- Cadillac Escalade whose worth is over 14 million naira
- Porsche Careers whose worth is over 25 million naira
- Bentley Continental whose worth is 11 million naira
- Range Rover whose worth is over 18 million naira
Don Jazzy net worth will definitely be estimated from every angle. The cost of his cars cannot be overlooked.
Just like the official and ceremonial cars of world leaders, no wonder Don Jazzy net worth is flavorsome.
Don Jazzy Net Worth Rise Per Show
Don Jazzy himself declared that he will be concentrating more on working with his artists.
If you have observed, he does more of collaborating with his children or other artists. It’s been a while have seen his full album.
During the Mo’ Hits days when Don Jazzy partnered with D banj, they charge about 7 to 8 million naira for a performance.
Today, due to his reserved and shy nature, he prefers to perform in the studio rather than placing shows.
However, the likes of Tiwa Savage charge over 3 to 5 million naira for each performance. Korede Bello charges about 2 million naira for a performance.
You can then imagine how much olori oko (The boss) will charge if he prefers to place shows considering his charges 6 -7 years back while with Mo’hits records.
Related: How much is Linda Ikeji Worth?
Notable Artists That Don Jazzy Has Worked With
Don Jazzy has worked with so many artists either by performing as a colabo, as a background vocals, or has a producer.
The following list shows some of the artist he has worked with, the music they did together and the year.
- D’Banj (Tongolo 2004)
- D’Banj (No Long Thing 2005)
- D’Banj (Pere Curriculum Vitae 2007)
- D’Banj (Scape Goat 2010)
- Jay Z, kanye West, Beyonce (Lift off 2011)
- D’Banj (Oliver Twist 2012)
- Dr Sid (Surulere 2013)
- Tiwa Savage (Eminado 2013)
- Ice Prince (N’Word 2013)
- All Mavin Artists (Dorobucci 2014)
- Dr Sid, Reekardo Banks, Korede Bello (LokuLoku 2014)
- All Mavin Artists (Adaobi 2014)
- All Mavin Artists (Jantamanta 2015)
- Korede Bello (God Win 2015)
- D’Prince, Baby Fresh (Bestie 2015)
- Korede Bello (Mungo Park 2016)
- Korede Bello (Do Like That 2016)
- Iyanya, Dr Sid (Up To Something 2017)
- Davido, D’Prince (Gucci Gang 2018)
- DJ Big N, Kizz Daniel (My Dear 2018)
- Davido, Dr Sid (That’s Interesting) 2018
Don Jazzy Net Worth In Naira (Nigeria Currency) And Dollar
Based on all his efforts in terms of music production, sound recording, his investments, endorsements, houses and cars, it is not out of place to say that he has boomed as his net worth is $40 million.
Don Jazzy net worth in naira is 14 billion naira and as it stands wizkid net worth today is around that figure.
Don Jazzy Net Worth (summary)
Now you see why I said Don Jazzy net worth scares poverty. However, his riches did not come at once, he was at a time a hustler and he was not ashamed of his hustle.
Don Jazzy is so passionate about what he does and today he is very successful. He is the richest music producer in Nigeria!
Did you find this post helpful? Let’s have your opinion in the comment box below