Many blog owners underestimate the power of SEO. The advantage of SEO is that it can not only get your targeted traffic but it can also get you traffic on a consistent basis.
Owing to this very reason, you can monetize your blog and create a passive revenue stream once you are able to attain the right positions in search engines.
With that being said, ranking in the search engines is not a cakewalk. You have to take care of a lot of factors in order to rank well.
You have to also ensure that you use the techniques which are as per the guidelines of the search engines.
This will make your website safe from penalties and your marketing strategy from a failure.
Many who have not considered SEO companies, can try out these SEO practices listed below. Don’t want to do the work? Try this SEO and digital marketing agency.
5 Best SEO Practices to Increase Your Blog Search Engine Positions
We will today share with you 5 best seo practices which you can follow in order to increase your search engine rankings.
Post Regular Content
Content creation is key to keeping a blog alive but most of the blog owners do not have a proper schedule when it comes to posting content.
This can be a big hindrance to get rankings in search engines. You have to create a proper content plan and a proper schedule.
When you do that, the indexing of your blog will increase and you will be able to rank for a higher number of keywords.
Search engines always prefer websites which update their content regularly. Thus, you will gain an advantage in the search engines as well.
Some of the tips which you should follow in order to post regular content on your blog include:
- Decide the number of categories which you want to cater to in advance
- Complete the research in advance
- Proofread your draft before publishing
- Submit an updated sitemap to the search engines after publishing the content
When you follow these few simple steps, not only you can post content on a regular basis but you can benefit from it as well.
Easy to use UI
The amount of time that the visitors from search engines spend on your website has a definite impact on your search engine rankings.
The percentage of users who return back to the search after reading just a single page on your website is known as the Bounce Rate.
The higher the Bounce Rate, the lower will be your search engine rankings.
Thus, you need to always keep a goal of lowering the bounce rate. The best way to do so is to create a clean user interface for the visitors.
This will increase the amount of time that users spend on your website. The more time they spend, the more pages they will view.
This will reduce the bounce rate significantly. As a result, it will be easier for you to rank at the higher positions in search engines.
If you have no clue regarding how you can improve this, you have to opt for competitors’ analysis.
You have to check out the top 5 websites ranking for the keywords for which you’re trying to rank. This will help you understand which kind of user interface is better for your visitors.
Some of the tips which you can follow in order to improve the UI are:
- Clean UI
- Proper navigation
- Running A/B tests
- Recommending related posts
- Including relevant content on the landing pages
Once you follow these few simple tips, it will be easier for you to decrease the bounce rate and increase the time which visitors spend on your blog.
Content is everything and the quality of the content matters a lot. Instead of just posting substandard content, it is a good idea to inspect the content which you post.
You have to ensure that the content which you post is better than your competitors.
In order to research more about the competitors, you can use tools and software for that. Here is some common tools which can help you:
- Keyword research tools
- Backlinks checkers
- Tools for monitoring online reputation and reviews.
These tools will allow you to lookup on your competitors activities in the social networks and search engines to find out which content is working better for them.
This will allow you to create a proper content blueprint. With the help of this content, not only you will be able to gain increased traction but you can outfox your competition as well.
Monitor the Essential Metrics
When you’re trying to rank your blog post in the search engines, it is important to monitor the vital stats of your blog.
This will allow you to increase your rankings more easily. Some of the metrics which you should monitor include:
- Keywords ranking in the top 100: Many times, along with the keywords which you track, there will be numerous longtail keywords which will start ranking naturally. You have to look at the keywords which are ranking in the top 100. Once you have that list, it is time to create proper backlinks in order to boost those keywords to the front page. Thus, you have to always monitor the keywords ranking in the top 100.
- Longtail keywords from which you gain traffic: Many times, there are certain keywords which will rank pretty close to the front page. With a little bit of effort, you will be able to easily push them to the front page. These are keywords for which you had not actively planned. Thus, with the help of little work, you will be able to bring them to the front page quite easily.
- Bounce rate: As we stated above, you have to consistently work on lowering the bounce rate. This will certainly help you in increasing your search engine rankings.
- Loading time: Ideally, the loading time of your website should be less than 3 seconds. This has a significant impact on the ranking. The lower the loading time, the better will be your search engine rankings.
These are some of the metrics which you should always monitor when you attempt to rank your blog posts in the search engines.
Get Quality Backlinks
Gone are the days when you just had to build any kind of backlinks in order to rank.
These days, you need to have a smart link-building strategy. You have to only get quality backlinks.
Some of the techniques which you can use include:
- Content marketing
- Influencer marketing
- Infographics sharing
- Social media shares
- Guest posts
With the help of these backlink-building techniques, it will be easy for you to gain quality backlinks. This will help you move up in the search engine rankings tremendously.
You should always monitor online reputation of your website in order to ensure that there are no negative reviews or spam links to your website.
Such negative SEO can create junk backlinks history for your website in order to harm your search engine rankings.
For everything off-page SEO, you’ll be in good hands to learn more about link-building for off-page Seo, unlinked mentions, guest blogging, and many more.
Best Seo Practices (summary)
So, if you’re serious about ranking your blog in the search engines, it is important to follow all of these best seo practices.
These seo practices help you create a legit website along with the genuine link profile.
If you skip any one of these best practices, chances are that you will not be able to gain rankings or worse still, your blog might get panelized by search engines.
That is why, if you want to get consistent traffic for your blog with the help of search engine optimization, these five best seo practices should be followed to the last detail.